Thursday, April 06, 2006

the heart, le coeur, et al-Qalb

I need to take a break from wasting my life, so I need to write again. There are so many things I said I would do, and then never finished.

I just finished from a relatively busy period of studying. At the moment I have one assignment due at 2pm tomorrow, but that's all I have to prepare for in the near future.

One thing that I'm still trying to figure out how to do: wasting my time while staying in the room, but still doing something somewhat productive?
  • The reading materials I have are mostly textbooks and class material.
  • I have art supplies.. I could practice that, but I usually get frustrated with it.
  • I could check the news, but.. with everyone too busy to talk to I won't have anyone to vent to when I get worked up. I really don't want to read something that stresses me out right now...
  • I finished the anime I was watching on my computer. It was excellent.
  • no TV.
  • don't want to play too much MMO anymore. Not that it would work on the school network anyway.
  • already played emulators for a few hours.
Can't study arabic because my book is missing the pages I need for this unit (ergh...). I haven't gotten another book from my friend yet (he's studying with it) to copy the FOURTY-EIGHT pages I need. /sigh
well... I can cheer myself up with this: ثماني و أربعون صفحات
It's supposed to say 'fourty-eight pages' but the grammar is probably horrible. I don't really know what to use. It's a shame, considering I've been studying out of numerous books and none of them can teach worth a damn because it's all so freaking poorly organized.

Why did I name the post after hearts? Well, for The Romantic of course.
Well, really I had a dream. A dream I was in the body of someone else, someone very close to me. but what I can't distinguish is if my feelings were my own or theirs, if the actions were mine. Did I only interact with myself in the dream, or was I really that person, as in not just me playing that person? I felt the emotions, I had the reactions, but the mannerisms and movement were his.. the things that one cannot copy.
Well, I think what I really want to say about this dream right now is that.. I hope it was something more than a manifestation of self-absorption (could have been... I was basically in love with myself). I really feel like it was a dream about one of those ethereal wishes. This one about being inside someone's mind, knowing their thoughts and their heart.
Which is why I'm a little confused about where it came from, hah. Hard to do by yourself, with your imagination. But I guess you don't need it to be right to dream about it, it's only a wish afterall.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, April 08, 2006 1:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have spring Break this week...

Feel free to vent at me :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home